La Corte's amenities
- Sleeps up to 7, also perfect for 4
- Citrus garden
- Panoramic terraces
- Free wi-fi
- Laundry room
In the baroque centre of Nardò, this spacious 17th-century courtyard house is relatively unassuming when viewed from outside. But step through the huge wooden entrance doors into the large private courtyard and you will be struck by a sense of space and calm.
This elegant boutique courtyard holiday home has been carefully and beautifully restored in 2016, using traditional and contemporary materials, enhancing the building’s original architectural features, such as the vaulted ceilings and paved courtyard, whilst adding freshness and modern comforts. Generous windows fill the rooms with light.
The decor is clean and minimalist, created by mixing modern and classic furniture. The house sleeps up to 7 people with three double bedrooms, one single bedroom, four en-suite bathrooms, and extensive terrace space offering views across the old town and the adjacent piazza with its 14th-century church, Madonna della Rosa.
This holiday home can also be rented together with the Agrumeto garden house (sleeps up to 4 people) and the La Botte studio apartment (sleeps 2), offering a large living space for a maximum of 14 people.
Piazza Salandra, the baroque, picturesque main square and the Castello Aragonese with its botanical garden are both just 250 meters from the house. Shops, supermarkets bars and restaurants are all within walking distance and we will supply you with a map indicating all of these.
Nardò is just 5 miles from the Ionian sea and a short drive from other historic towns, including Lecce, Galatina, Gallipoli, Maglie and Otranto.
Welcome to your home from home in Nardò!
Have a walk through the house :
Enter the house from the covered atrium, into the double star-vaulted living room, to find a sizeable fully equipped kitchen, and dining room with French windows opening onto a patio and citrus garden. A huge glass door in the kitchen also opens out onto the courtyard, which has been furnished with a table for dining al fresco.
A double bedroom, with star-vaulted en-suite bathroom, is accessed from the living room, whilst another en-suite double bedroom is next to the dining room and looks out onto the private courtyard. The courtyard leads to a further room with a daybed and its own bathroom, and then the citrus room which leads you out to the patio and citrus garden. Take the stairs from here to the first floor to find another double bedroom with shower and toilet. This room is surrounded by sun terraces, one of which is equipped with an outdoor kitchen, a pergola shaded dining table and a laundry room. A further flight of stairs leads to the panoramic roof terrace with views across the old town.
Description at a glance:
- Sleeps up to 7 people, also perfect for 4 people
- Can be connected to 2 other properties to sleep up to 13 people
- 3 double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- 1 single bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- 1 fully equipped indoor kitchen with breakfast bar, dining room that seats up to ten people and an outdoor courtyard dining table
- 1 rudimentary outdoor terrace kitchen with ‘al fresco’ dining table shaded by a pergola
- Large double living room
- Large private courtyard on the ground floor
- Romantic citrus garden and covered patio on the ground floor
- 1st and 2nd floor roof terraces with sun loungers and armchairs
- Laundry room
- Air-conditioning and heating throughout
- Free wi-fi
La Corte boutique rental home features:
- Large courtyard with mediterranean plants
- Garden with mediterranean plants and citrus trees
- 4 bedrooms (3 doubles and 1 single) of which three have original vaulted ceilings
- 4 en-suite bathrooms
- Large living room with original double vaulted ceiling
- Dining room with vaulted ceiling, extendable table and ten dining chairs
- One large kitchen with work-island situated on the ground floor, and another open summer kitchen space on the terrace next to the pergola, with a portable induction cooking plate
- Spacious terraces, one of which has a pergola for shaded al fresco dining, with views of the courtyard and the facade of the 14th century church on the piazza
- Indoor laundry space on the first floor
3 double beds and 1 one single bed:
- 3 Queen-sized double beds, one in each bedroom*
- 1 large single bed
* on request, double rooms can be provided with twin beds instead of double beds
- Large kitchen with work-island and 4 bar stools. The kitchen is fully equipped with a 5-ring SMEG gas hob, sink, electric oven and microwave, fridge/freezer, BOSCH dishwasher, Italian espresso coffee machine, toaster, foodmixer, electric juice maker, crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, and utensils
- Open summer kitchen space on the terraces next to the pergola, with a mobile induction cooking plate
- The 4 bathrooms (en-suite for each bedroom) all have a wash basin, a shower, a toilet with bidet or bidet spray, and a hair-dryer. The main bathroom has a sunken bath
- Smart TV with Chromecast streaming device
- Free wi-fi internet connection in the entire property
- Bluetooth driven sound system in the living room
- Green options : solar-powered hot water and certified green electricity
- Gas powered heating
- Air-conditioning in all rooms
- Double glazing
- Internal window shutters in the bedrooms
Terrace and courtyard equipment:
- Wooden table and 6 chairs in the courtyard
- Marble table and 4 chairs on the roof terrace
- Pergola for ‘al fresco’ dining
- Summer kitchen work island with stone sink, hot and cold mixer tap and mobile electric cooking plate
- Indoor washing machine and dryer, wash-basin, iron and ironing board, reel-out washing line
- Sun loungers
- Outdoor armchairs
- Hospitals in Lecce, Galatina, Gallipoli and Copertino (max 16 miles) A&E unit at the Nardò hospital
- Access to fast road: 3 miles
- Sandy beaches: 8 miles
- Rocky coast: 5 miles (Parco di Porto Selvaggio)
- Sandy town beach with bars and restaurants: 5 miles (Santa Maria al Bagno and Santa Caterina)
- Lecce – 18 miles, Maglie – 20 miles, Gallipoli and Baia Verde beaches – 11miles, Otranto – 32 miles, Porto Cesareo – 11 miles, Santa Maria di Leuca – 41 miles, Taranto and Ostuni -60 miles, Matera – 108 miles, Punta Pizzo nature reserve beaches and pine forest – 14 miles