Angelo Custode's amenities
- Sleeps 2 to 4
- Panoramic terraces
- Free wi-fi
A boutique apartment on the first floor of a 17th-century Patrician palazzo in the heart of Nardò’s Baroque old town, just 5 miles from the Ionian sea and a short hop from other historic towns, including Lecce, Galatina, Gallipoli, Maglie and Otranto.
This elegant boutique apartment has been beautifully restored, using traditional materials, to reveal the building’s original architectural features. The clean and minimalist decoration and furnishing are a perfect mix of modern and classic, crowned by impressive vaulted ceilings. The apartment sleeps 2-4 people with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and has four spacious south-facing terraces with views across the old town centre and beyond – particularly breathtaking at sunset. The apartment also has a Mignano, an ornate balcony from which the original female inhabitants – who were not allowed to mingle in public – could watch the world go by and be wooed by suitors in relative seclusion.
The Angelo Custode boutique apartment features:
- 2 bedrooms, the master has an original vaulted ceiling.
- 2 bathrooms
- Dining room with original vaulted ceiling
- 2 separate kitchens, one of which is situated upstairs next to the covered terrace
- Living room with original vaulted ceiling
- 4 spacious terraces (one terrace half-covered for shaded al fresco dining) with a panoramic view of Nardò’s old town
- Laundry room/toilet on the top terrace
2 double beds:
- 2 Queen-sized double beds, one in each bedroom
- 1 sofa-bed in the living room
- The main kitchen is fully equipped with a 4-ring SMEG gas hob and extractor fan, sink, electric oven/microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine, crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, and utensils
- The terrace kitchen is equipped with a 3-ring gas hob, sink, Bialetti electric espresso machine, large fridge/freezer, electric kettle and toaster
2 bathrooms and 1 laundry/toilet:
- The main bathroom is the en-suite of the master bedroom with 2 wash basins, shower, bath, toilet with bidet spray and hair-dryer
- The second bathroom is the en-suite of the second bedroom with 1 wash basin, shower and toilet/bidet combo
- The laundry room/toilet on the top terrace has a washing maching, toilet and hand basin. This terrace also has an outdoor cascade shower and plunge bath.
- Free wi-fi internet connection
- Green options : solar-powered hot water and certified green electricity
- Air-conditioning in one bedroom and the living room
- Double glazing
- Internal and external window shutters
- Under-floor heating
- Designer wood-burning stove
- Solid wooden table and 8 foldable chairs
- Big stone sink
- Designer sofa
- 2 deckchairs and 2 chaises longues
- Washing machine, reel-out washing line, iron and ironing board
- 2 vacuum cleaners (indoor and terrace)
- The apartment is on the first (and last) floor of a 17th-century Patrician palazzo
- Restored in 2013
- South-facing terraces
- Views across Nardò’s old town of the cathedral, churches, convents, and Baroque palazzi
- In the heart of Nardò’s old town, a minute’s walk from Piazza Salandra, the Baroque central square
- Close to local shops and within 400 yards of numerous supermarkets
- Hospitals in Lecce, Galatina, Gallipoli and Copertino (max 16 miles)
- Access to fast road: 3 miles
- Sandy beaches: 8 miles
- Rocky coast: 5 miles (Parco di Porto Selvaggio)
- Sandy town beach with bars and restaurants: 5 miles (Santa Maria al Bagno)
- Lecce – 18 miles, Maglie – 20 miles, Gallipoli and Baia Verde beaches – 11miles, Otranto – 32 miles, Porto Cesareo – 11 miles, Santa Maria di Leuca – 41 miles, Taranto and Ostuni -60 miles, Matera – 108 miles, Punta Pizzo nature reserve beaches and pine forest – 14 miles
On the first floor of this two-storey, 17th century palazzo in the heart of the beautiful Baroque town of Nardò, the Angelo Custode apartment is just a stone’s throw from the Baroque Piazza Salandra and the Teatro Comunale.
In 2013, the property was sympathetically restored, using traditional materials, to create a space with all modern comforts without compromising the style of the original local architecture. The clean and minimalist decoration and furnishing are a perfect mix of modern and classic, crowned by impressive vaulted ceilings.
The apartment has the luxury of two independent fully equipped kitchens, one for ‘al fresco’ dining on the terrace and the other within the main living space. If you prefer to eat out, there are numerous cafes, restaurants, trattorias and pizzerias within walking distance. We can advise you on where to shop for groceries, pick up a tasty sandwich, find the best ice-cream and pastries or savour some of the best food you’ll ever taste.
Terrace life: all the terraces of the apartment were designed to be lived on and enjoyed. They’re spread over four different levels with views across the old town of Nardò. The first terrace is a big al fresco dining room, half-shaded and half-exposed, with its own kitchen and outdoor stone sink and fireplace. The second terrace is a sitting room with a giant designer sofa. The third and fourth terraces are for sitting or lying on in the sun and then cooling off in the open-air shower. The top level is the sunset balcony, a perfect place to sip a glass of Salento wine as the evening begins and the town is bathed in an amber glow.
Apart from these terraces, leading out from the dining room is the ‘Mignano’, the traditional lady’s terrace from where, in Baroque times, a lady could be wooed by her suitor as she sat surveying the street below.
The rental includes the apartment and all its terraces, so whether you decide to take breakfast in bed, sip your coffee in the dining room, have brunch on the terrace, or wait on the Mignano for a suitor to pass by and offer you breakfast in the piazza bar, it’s your choice.
Welcome to your home from home in Nardò.