- Sleeps 2 to 4
- Jacuzzi/pool (circa 10 sqm)
- Panoramic terraces
- Free wi-fi
- Smart TV
A 17th-century boutique garden house with pool in the heart of Nardò’s old baroque town, comprising of ground floor and first floor living spaces.
The house sits between two citrus orchards, with patio and a jacuzzi / pool in its own private orchard garden. The ground floor opens onto the garden whilst the first floor is surrounded by terraces. The two living spaces are connected by two separate external stone staircases. We invite you to discover all the details of this lovely boutique garden house with pool.
This elegant boutique garden house with pool has been beautifully restored, using traditional and contemporary materials, enhancing the building’s original architectural features such as the vaulted ceilings, stone fireplaces and antique floor tiles, whilst adding freshness and modern comfort. Generous windows fill the rooms with light and offer enviable views across the orchard. The decor is clean and minimalist created by mixing modern and classic furniture. The house sleeps 2-4 people with 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. It offers spacious terraces with views across the old town centre and over the richly flowered citrus tree gardens. The house also has an authentic recovered woodshed in the garden used as an ‘al fresco’ space for dining and relaxing, and the water in the jacuzzi pool adds an atmospheric focal point both day and night.
Nardò is just 5 miles from the Ionian sea and a short hop from other historic towns, including Lecce, Galatina, Gallipoli, Maglie and Otranto.
The Agrumeto garden boutique house features:
- Magnificent mediterranean garden with jacuzzi / pool and covered ancient woodshed space for dining and relaxing
- 2 bedrooms, the master has an original vaulted ceiling
- 3 bathrooms
- Atrium with original vaulted ceiling and fire place
- Living room with original vaulted ceiling
- 2 kitchens, one large situated at ground floor, one small upstairs next to the pergola
- 3 spacious terraces (one terrace with pergola for shaded al fresco dining, with views over the garden and Nardò’s old town centre)
- Outdoor laundry space on the ground floor
2 double beds:
- 2 Queen-sized double beds, one in each bedroom
- The main kitchen is fully equipped with a 5-ring SMEG gas hob and extractor fan, sink, electric oven, SMEG fridge/freezer, dishwasher, Italian espresso coffee machine, toaster, crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, and utensils
- The upper kitchen is equipped with a 3-ring electric hob and extractor fan, sink, Italian espresso machine, fridge/freezer, microwave oven and toaster
3 bathrooms and 1 laundry space:
- The main bathroom is the en-suite of the master bedroom with 1 wash basin, shower, toilet with bidet and hair-dryer
- The second bathroom on the ground floor has 1 wash basin, shower, toilet with bidet
- The upper bathroom is the en-suite of the second bedroom with 1 wash basin, shower and toilet with bidet spray and hair-dryer
- The outdoor laundry space on the ground floor has a washing machine, and wash basin
- Free wi-fi internet connection
- Bluetooth sound system connectable to smartphone, tablet, laptop
- Smart TV
- Green options : solar-powered hot water and certified green electricity
- Gas powered heating
- Air-conditioning in the bedrooms and the living room
- Double glazing
- Internal and external window shutters in the bedrooms
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Large sunbathing mattress
- Double fabric sun-lounger
- Wooden table and 6 chairs
- Glass table and 4 chairs
- Stone sink with tap
- Washing machine, reel-out washing line, iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi/pool with salt filtering
- Naturally heated by mother nature or by a heat pump at 26°C
- If you would like to make use of the pool between November and May there is an additional cost of €10 to €20 per day for heating
- Please note the pool is not a hot tub, and it might be unavailable in winter for maintenance
- Solid marble table and 6 chairs
- 2 teak sun loungers
- Stone sink with tap
- Reel-out washing line
- Restored in 2015, this 17th century house sits between two authentic historic gardens with old citrus trees and mediterranean flowers and plants.
- It has south-facing terraces, garden and jacuzzi/pool, with views across Nardò’s old town, with its cathedral, churches, convents, and Baroque palazzi.
- In the heart of Nardò’s old town, a minute’s walk from Piazza Salandra, the Baroque central square
- Close to local shops and within 400 yards of numerous supermarkets
- Hospitals in Lecce, Galatina, Gallipoli and Copertino (max 16 miles)
- Access to fast road: 3 miles
- Sandy beaches: 8 miles
- Rocky coast: 5 miles (Parco di Porto Selvaggio)
- Sandy town beach with bars and restaurants: 5 miles (Santa Maria al Bagno)
Lecce – 18 miles, Maglie – 20 miles, Gallipoli and Baia Verde beaches – 11miles, Otranto – 32 miles, Porto Cesareo – 11 miles, Santa Maria di Leuca – 41 miles, Taranto and Ostuni -60 miles, Matera – 108 miles, Punta Pizzo nature reserve beaches and pine forest – 14 miles
This 17th century old city town garden house in the heart of the beautiful Baroque town of Nardò, the Agrumeto is just a stone’s throw from the Baroque Piazza Salandra and the Castello Aragonese.
The property was restored in 2015, using traditional materials, to create a space with all modern comforts without compromising the style of the original local architecture. The clean and minimalist decoration and furnishing are a perfect mix of contemporary, vintage and classic, crowned by impressive vaulted ceilings.
Garden and terrace life: Passionate about flowers and garden? Enjoy this mediterranean garden in all it’s forms: the cool shade of the old woodshed for relaxing and eating, the jacuzzi/pool corner for sunbathing, the terrasses for meditation and aperitifs. There’s a space or special views to fit every mood at any given moment of the day.
The house has the luxury of two independent fully equipped kitchens, one for ‘al fresco’ dining on the terrace and the other for indoor or ‘al fresco’ dining in the garden. If you prefer to eat out, there are numerous cafes, restaurants, trattorias and pizzerias within walking distance. We can advise you on where to shop for groceries, pick up a tasty sandwich, find the best ice-cream and pastries or savour some of the best food you’ll ever taste.
The rental includes the house, its terraces, the garden and jacuzzi / pool, so whether you decide to take breakfast in bed, sip your coffee on the terraces, or have brunch in the shade of the woodshed, it’s up to you.
Welcome to your home from home in Nardò.